Roasting a bulb of garlic in the oven completely changes how it tastes, it becomes a little sweeter and less garlic-y so has more of a subtle flavour in dishes. It is delicious on it’s own but works best in stews, potato dishes or with pasta.
Photo credit: Eric Petruno
How to roast garlic:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Chop off the top of the garlic – so it looks like the photo above.
3. Place the garlic on some tin foil and drizzle it with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Scrunch the foil round the garlic so it’s like a little parcel.
5. Put in the oven for 40 minutes.
6. Once it’s cooked, mash the garlic up with a fork and add to a dish.