Nut roast is the centre piece of a vegan Christmas dinner and if given the choice, I’d make my own but with assignments taking up the most of my time I decided to go for the easy option. This Artisan nut roast has been kicking about in my cupboard since December so I thought I’d give it a try.
It’s super easy to make and because it comes with it’s own baking tray so there’s less mess to clean up which is a plus. It has a nice herby flavour however I found it a little dry, especially the next day when I had it in a please-cure-my-hangover sandwich.
As a nod Christmas dinner, I decided to serve my nut roast with broccoli and lemony roast potatoes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare the nut roast according to packet instructions and chop up one potato into small chunks. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle on some lemon pepper, some salt and some pepper
3. Place the nut roast in it’s little tray onto a big baking tray. Surround it with the potatoes and put in the oven for 40 minutes.
4. After about 25 minutes, start steaming or boiling your veggies.
5. When the nut roast looks golden and the potatoes look crisp, take them out the oven and plate up, adding gravy if desired.