This satisfying soup is spicy and full of flavour. I would recommend buying a stew pack for this soup as you get a range of vegetables which you can use up before they go off, and it saves you a bit of money. Plus variety is the spice of life (see what I did there).
If you or your housemate has a blender as you can blitz this soup so it’s lump free, otherwise just chop your veggies up really small and increase cooking time by 10 minutes.
You will need:
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-2 chillies (finely chopped)
50g Thai curry paste (about half a jar)
750g mixed vegetables
160ml coconut cream
500ml vegetable stock
1 litre of boiling water
1 tbsp chopped Thai basil – I use the freeze dried stuff
Some black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a wide pan and cook the chillies for 30 seconds. Add the curry paste and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add the vegetables and coat them in the paste, add a splash of water to stop them from sticking. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Mix together the coconut cream and stock in a jug and pour into the pan.
4. Add the litre of boiled water and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
5. Season with Thai basil, salt and pepper. Blitz in a blender or continue cooking until the vegetables are a little mushy.