Easter is looming and why not celebrate with these cute little Easter bunny cupcakes? Really easy to make and wonderfully chocolatey. Adults, kids and students will enjoy baking and eating these lil guys.
I usually try to avoid using egg replacer as it’s better to make vegan cakes using other techniques but I was at Baking Society and used replacer as a quick fix. It actually turned out pretty well as in the past I’ve had mixed results with the stuff.
4 tbsp hot water
40g cocoa powder
3 eggs worth of egg replacer
165g caster sugar
115g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the chocolate icing:
30g cocoa powder
3 tbsp soya milk
250g icing sugar
1 packet of dairy free buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a cupcake tin with cases.
2. Put the cocoa powder in a bowl and mix in the water to form a paste.
3. Add the butter and sugar and cream together.
4. Fold in the flour, egg replacer and baking powder until combined. Beat until smooth.
5. Fill the cases 2/3 full and bake for 10-15 minutes until risen and springy.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
7. To make the icing, beat the margarine until creamy, sift in the cocoa powder and beat.
8. Gradually add the icing sugar and milk and mix together. For the ears, I halved dairy free buttons and stuck them in the icing as it set.