As the new academic year begins, Eve the Vegan Student returns! Yes, Eve is back after a very busy summer. 3 holidays, 2 festivals and 1 work placement have kept me occupied but a new term means lots of new recipes, ideas and vegan based ramblings are to come. Freshers week is well underway at most unis so I thought I’d give some tips for any vegan freshers struggling to settle in.
- Find a vegan/veggie society at freshers fair, not all unis have these, but that doesn’t stop you from setting one up yourself!
- Check out the new area where you live for cheap supermarkets and health food stores, Google will help you out here.
- Make your room look as snuggly and inviting as possible so you have somewhere nice to relax and recover from nights out.
- Speak to as many people as possible, you never know who you meant who you might end up living with next year.
- Eat what you want for the first few weeks, they’re stressful enough as it is without the pressure of diets or budgeting.
- If you’re feeling homesick then give your parents a ring, they’ll always make you feel better!